TV recommendations please

gypo

Morning all,
We have finally got another van, A roller team t-line 700 :)
Im looking for a telly for it now. It cant be longer than 16" due to the space it has to fit.
Freeview, usb and sockets.
I was looking at a cello branded one. Any advise please ppl?
Thank you
D

We had a Cello for the last TV we bothered with, 22" and the sound was truly awful it took ages to get a refund, but it seems it's a problem they suffer with through the range, nowadays we download to our 10" tablets and it's much better and we can watch what we want individually with earphones, no need for inverters etc as can be charged when on the move, one charge lasts two nights.

I would look at this one, I have the 19 inch version.
Like all small tvs it suffers from poor sound.
But it has Bluetooth and I connected a £30 Anker speaker to it using Bluetooth and the sound is great. I has a dvd player, and has its own apps. I also connect my firestick to it, and the remote control for the tv even controls the firestick as well. The picture quality is excellent, and it has an excellent viewing angle.

IMG_1820.jpeg

We started off with the cello but found the sound and viewing angle awfull, then we bought a motorhome that had the Avtex tv and the difference in viewing angle and sound was just amazing, we are now on our 3rd Avtex only because of upgrading, and although they are probably the most expensive I wouldn’t buy anything else.
As they say you get what you pay for.

Thank you all for the advice I will start a search now.
Thank you
D

We started off with the cello but found the sound and viewing angle awfull, then we bought a motorhome that had the Avtex tv and the difference in viewing angle and sound was just amazing, we are now on our 3rd Avtex only because of upgrading, and although they are probably the most expensive I wouldn’t buy anything else.
As they say you get what you pay for.

Couldn't agree more Richard. Having bought your previous Avtex from you we find that they are way ahead of the pack.

I would have bought another avtex but for the sizes.
We had to get a tv that could be rotated so we could watch it in the rear bedroom.
The avtex 19 inch was actually 19.5 inch and too large.
I did not want a smaller tv as there is a good distance when viewing from the bedroom.
When we got the sniper it had a great angle of view (178 degrees) and the picture quality was excellent.
But as mentioned in reviews the sound quality was poor.
I had a anker bluetooth speaker, and as the sniper came with bluetooth connectivity that solved that issue.
You can buy the speaker for £30, and with this speaker the sound quality is better than with the avtex.
But you can buy an avtex soundbar which is excellent, but it costs around £120.
We had one for our avtex tv, if you don't have one I would consider buying one.
Also if you have bluetooth headphones they can be connected to the sniper TV.
I find that great if my wife wants to go to bed but I want to stay up and watch the footie.
It also has a satellite tuner for those with satellite dishes.
But I do find tuning it in a bit of a faf.
The Avtex one button when retuning is much better.

One other point forgot to mention, the sniper 19 inch draws about 25% less current than my avtex did.
That may be important. That figure includes the anker speaker.

Last edited:
We have an Avtex, but hardly ever use it nowadays, we usually just use a Samsung Tablet. The screen is big enough for what we need.

Maybe a bit big but I have been very impressed by out Sharp Aquos 24in. You can cast from phone etc without a shared network and sound is excellent.

We had a 16in Alden before with atrocious sound. Fixed it with a USB powered aux speaker fixed to the back that powered on with the TV.

You need to identify what you must have and what you want to have. Satalite/ freeview / Smart / Headphone socket /DVD / USB the list gets longer every year.

Measure twice and buy once. Remember a 16" TV is 16" across the screen diagonal, check the physical width & height before making a decision.

Check the power draw.

Avtex everytime and the aftersales help if you do have a problem is brilliant we lost our remote after having the tv 4 years they sent a new remote free of charge.

I got a 16" Akura TV about ten years ago. Still going strong. It only draws 14 watts or 1.2 amps. As with all these small TV's though the sound is crap but small USB powered speakers that plug into the TV usb and jack socket solve that. About £20.

Back